Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Forgery FAIL

This seems like the sort of mistake you shouldn't make, either buyer or seller:
A man received a big surprise when he learned the six Andy Warhol paintings he purchased for $100,000 were fake.

The paintings had Warhol's signature on them, and were dated '96. The problem is Warhol died in 1987.

Two Utahns were charged Wednesday in the 3rd District Court for allegedly selling the fake artwork, a deception the buyer learned after trying to have the pieces appraised last year.
No mention of pineapples.

9 comments:

Smut Clyde said...

He bought work painted by someone else, but with Andy Warhol's aignature? There's a problem?

Smut Clyde said...

It's a Garden of Eightfold Paths.

Substance McGravitas said...

Beastern mysticism infurryates me.

fish said...

I think Warhol forgeries are worth more than the originals.

Smut Clyde said...

They would have to be authenticated forgeries, however.

Anonymous said...

..so my Pisacco might not be worth as much as I thought?

Anonymous said...

[I was going to correct the attribution of my anonymous post, but the verification word gives me pause]

seres

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I seres what you did there.
~

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I think at some point, it might be important for Zombies and mikey to attend a Metallica concert, or at least a Rollins spoken word....

but you must realize, hey, zombie here.